Thursday, March 27, 2014

Evolution Weblab: Biology in Motion

      In this weblab, I learned about natural selection. 20 blue creatures were used to demonstrate natural selection. First, the site gave me some insight on the basics of natural selection. Natural selection occurs because of the struggle for existence, individual variation in the phenotype, inheritance, the fact that some phenotypes are better adapted, and the fact that adaptations evolve. Then I proceeded to the little experiment. The creatures with longer hands were more capable of catching the food, reproducing, and surviving. At the end of the simulation, those with longer hands on their hands dominated the population.

Rating: 10/10. This weblab answered all of my questions about natural selection. The simulation was also clever. It allowed me to understand the concept easily.



No comments:

Post a Comment